Tuesday, April 02, 2002

It’s been a while since I last posted and I thought I’d leave behind a few sentences about what I’ve been doing lately.

I graduated Berry College in December and then spent the next two months unemployed. I spent most of my time sending out resumes and playing Starcraft, slowly running up my credit card bill and telling myself that I’d work on that short story idea tomorrow. Most of those activities were a complete and utter waste of my time, although I was at least entertained by Starcraft. As for the credit card bill, I may be able to live cheaply, but with no income, it doesn’t matter how cheaply you live, you eventually end up with a negative cash flow.

I managed to land a job in late February and I’m still debating on whether or not I should throw it back. I’m working for a production company in Atlanta in a trial freelance position earning $6.50 an hour while they decide if they want to hire me on full time or not. If they do, it comes with a sizeable raise, but when you’re making $6.50 and hour, not many raises aren’t. I may end up working as a waiter while I wait for the motivation to take the GRE and apply for grad school. I was planning on going back to school after a stint in the real world anyway. The real world can go fuck itself.

Going back to the cash flow, my job turned the flow positive, although it’s still more of a trickle than anything else. It would actually be larger if not for my sudden entry into the world of beer connoisseurship. Good beer is expensive and I refuse to drink bad beer. (You wouldn’t eat bad food, would you?) If you want to check out my reviews of some of the beers I’ve tried, you can search for the username aracauna at either www.ratebeer.com or www.beeradvocate.com.

I’ll leave now to get back to my $6.50 an hour web surfing.

No comments: