Monday, June 25, 2007

On the road again. Can't wait to get on the road again. The life I love is making music with my friends. I can't wait to get on the road again.

Those words by Willie Nelson are darn near my personal motto with the exception of making music. I'm not really much of a musician. I could play sheet music on several instruments well, but I've never had much in the way of improvisational talent. I do love road trips, though.

Unfortunately, I'm not heading anywhere new this time, just Cleveland for the second time this summer. To try and slake my wanderlust we're taking a rambling trek up this time, as opposed to our typical blitz to the north. We're visiting friends in Adairsville and sharing a couple of beers on Tuesday. Then we're heading to Knoxville to visit our friends Courtney and Mickey on Wednesday. Finally, we're visiting a friend from college in Cincinatti on Thursday before finally making it up to Cleveland on Friday.

The really sucky thing is that I can't find my MP3 player and there are WAY too many stretches on that trip without decent radio stations.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ouch. I am hurt. No where on the list was stopping in Atlanta to see my friend Julie (who might very well have a decent home brew waiting in the fridge for me). Nope, said Jacob, I'm just going to go through Marietta for the umpteenth time without stopping to see that drag. You're such a jerk. You deserve to have bad music on your trip.

Jacob said...

That was an unfortunate necessity of timing. There's a guy in Marietta who owes me money and I wasn't able to work him in on the trip up. You and Matt free Friday night?