Sunday, September 16, 2007

What Is Wrong With People?


Now, if you know me, you know that I'm not exactly a pop music guy. Nor have I ever found anything interesting that was ever a part of a Britney Spears CD. However, I think the current criticisms of Spears are absolutely ridiculous. It is true that she's gone a bit whacky in the head. It is also true that her "comeback" performance at the MTV Music Video Awards was a complete load of crap and demonstrated a serious lack of effort and preparation on the part of Spears. But the comments about her being fat or flabby are entirely ridiculous. It is true that she doesn't have the gym rat tone she's had occasionally in the past, but she's still got a pretty nice looking body. In fact, that body was what the girls in bikinis always wore on television and movies during the '60s and '70s. It's not her fault that heroin chic never really ended. Here's the truth, Britney's got a better body now than most of the other pop starlets and models out there. If you can make out ribs, shoulder blades and/or vertebrae, then you are disgustingly thin and need both more muscle mass and a little more padding.
Girls, unless you're going to work out on a very regular basis, it's better to be a little on the chubby side than too thin. There's nothing more disgusting than being able to identify skeletal elements in another human. Either cover it with muscle or eat a cheeseburger. You people sicken me.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I generally agree -- not preferring to see walking skeletons myself.

But my big question is this: why is everyone so surprised to discover that Britney is a talentless slob? Fact is: very few of the popular musicians you'll see on TV can pull off even a half-way decent live performance -- even lip-syncing.

Also, I'll probably have to kill myself for reading and then commenting on a blog entry about Britney Spears. Thanks a lot Jacob.