Friday, November 09, 2007

Lip No Likey Teeth

I have this one spot on my bottom lip that I bite on a fairly regular basis. In fact, I've bitten that spot so much that there's a knot permanently residing underneath the flesh there. I'm not really sure how I keep biting that spot either. The tooth at that spot is actually slightly recessed compared to the other teeth, but it somehow reaches out to snatch a hole into my poor little lip every month or so. I've had enamel meet enamel through the poor thing on a few occasions.

K's a butthole. She always laughs at me, but I'll post about her vicious sense of humor later.

The reason I'm thinking about this is that we went out to eat in a neighboring town tonight and had an appetizer of Mojo wings, which were really freaking tasty by the way. They were zesty and tangy instead of hot, but that is neither here nor there or any other illogical cliche. The reason that it annoys me that I keep biting my lip is that I like a lot of sour and spicy foods. In fact my friends and I would compete to see who could eat the most warheads and crybabies. Some of us would even get sore throats from the constant intake of acid, but I was too tough for that crap. Not when there is a slit in that lip, though. I mildly bit that same spot yesterday afternoon while chewing bubblegum. It wasn't bad enough to give me the blood-coated grimace, but it was enough to make a tiny little wound so that the spices and acidic marinade of the chicken wings stung.

I was tough, though. I just kept eating them without even crying. K didn't even realize I had bitten my lip.

And guess what. I'm caught up all youse female canids! Booyah.

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Congratulations. On the catching-up, not the lip. I have a similar problem, except the tooth in that spot definitely sticks out a bit more than the others. It sure is annoying, especially because you'd think your body would be aware enough of itself to not actually get as much lip as it does. Sometimes I get so much lip that it actually hurts my tooth more.