Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cool New Site

I have to thank Meaghan for this one, even if I'm loathe to give her any credit. I think she may be evil and in cahoots with that demon-in-disguise Nicole Kidman. After all, why else would such a sweet looking girl have such vitriol writhing inside her soul and barely under control.

And to think, her husband is such a delightful person. Oh well. You know what they say: Opposites do attract.

Anyway, Meaghan invited me to be her friend at a new (to me) site called Goodreads.com. Since most of my readers are also her friends, I'm going to assume that most of you got the same e-mail, but here's a second recommendation. The site is pretty cool. I've been playing around with it all night since I got the e-mail and entered in all the books I've read in my bookshelves. There's another two bookshelves worth of books I've never gotten around two and probably a small room's worth of shelves of books I wasn't forced to read in school that I no longer or never owned and didn't come to mind during my entering. There are some pretty interesting features here in organizing your collection and keeping reviews of them. I also like the fact I can now keep track of my books online and know which books I have and haven't read of an author I know I like. I'd really like if they gave recommendations like Last.fm does, though. So far, I haven't found that feature if they have it.

Anyway, if you decide to sign up, stop by my profile and add me as a friend so I can see what you've been reading.

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Awe! I love you, too, Jacab!

It is a great site though. Check it out.