Saturday, January 12, 2008

That's It! Everyone Out of the Pool!

My stomach decided to have a big raucous party last night. Normally, that'd be perfectly fine with me, except this time my stomach was apparently in a pissy mood, screamed, "Party over," and forced everyone out starting around 12:30 a.m. He didn't finish getting the place cleared out until around 3 a.m., but continued to check all the corners until about 7 this morning.

I'll save you the gory details, but suffice it to say that I think I lost about 7 lbs. today. There's been a stomach virus going around lately, and despite it hitting E's day care pretty hard, he didn't seem to catch it. I did, however, and it sucks. I'm still a little too queasy to eat much. It took me from about 2:30 p.m. to almost 8 tonight to finish a bowl of soup, and besides a couple of pears, that's all I've eaten today. Things do look to be improving at least. I've managed to keep that down. I'm hoping that by tomorrow I'll be back to more or less normal. More interesting posts hopefully to come after I'm feeling a little better.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm sorry you're feeling badly and hope you can digest food again soon.

For the record, though, I'm not sure you did spare us the gory details.

Jacob said...

I think I did. I could go into much more detail if you like. I thought referring to it as the unhappy cessation of a party was rather euphemistic of me, personally.

Mickey said...

Another good heading. Take care of yourself. 354 days to go.