Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You Know That Whole Thing About the Cell Phone? Forget It.

I got a new cell phone yesterday. It may change my whole outlook on cell phones, actually.

Well, not really. I'll still hate the phone feature of the new gizmo, but this one may actually make me at least keep the thing around more often. Here's a picture of the new piece.

That's right, it's a Verizon SMT5800 smartphone with Windows Mobile and it really does glint jauntily when I slide it open to reveal the QWERTY keyboard. It should probably make a little bowler hat for it to wear cocked to the side. I still despise telephones and everything they stand for, but at least this one comes with an internet browser, e-mail, Microsoft Office (the mobile version at least) and pretty much all of the other features of a PDA. And it's the size of a slightly chunky phone. I think I may find the initiative to drag this along and turn it on a little more frequently from now on, so if you feel the need to call or text me at the old cell number, feel free to. I'll probably even get the message in a reasonable timeframe from now on, but only because I'll be dragging this baby along to surf the net or check my beer list when at a bar. Cool, huh?

I actually wanted one of these things the last time I bought a phone, but the PDA phones were running about $100 more back then. Now, instead of going for the Palm Treo at the same price, I decided to go for this much slimmer model. I'm so freaking cool that I can't seem to keep pants on today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're cool, you may want to work harder to keep your pants on. Cold air is not Captain Winky's friend.

Julie said...

If you don't wear pants, where will you keep your shiny new cell phone?

Sid said...

Sweet phone. Very envious.

Courtney said...

Yuppie.

Mickey said...

I was actually going to marvel at the bowler hat comment, but now I just want you to put some pants on.

Chris said...

I second that, Courtney.