Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Gawd Awmighty!

Wal-Mart was freaking Prius central today. There was my silver one across the row from the blue one with the handicap tag around the corner from the dark gray one and as I walked out of the store I was almost run over by a red one.

I think that's funny enough in and of itself that I don't have to write anything else today. Sorry (or you're welcome). I'll be too busy with catching up on this week's assignments for my masters courses and trying to find a way to at least listen to the Georgia Tech game tonight to do anything. College football begins and my Saturdays are pretty much scheduled up for the next four months.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

If things play out the way the ranking system would have you believe, this is going to be a VERY bad year to be a Tech fan. Sigh.

Cj said...

high tech red necks.

Jacob said...

Hey, Georgia Tech got two votes in one of the pre-season polls. Not sure why, because even my optimistic ass wouldn't have put them in the top 25.

Mark Schlabach on ESPN.com list Georgia Tech as the number 4 reason to watch college football this year. "4. Paul Johnson's offense will work in the ACC.
Johnson has better players and more athletes at Georgia Tech to run his triple-option spread offense. And he finally has a defense to keep opponents out of the end zone."

I usually like his analysis and my only issue is how well the talent that was left behind fits Johnson's offense or at least how well he adjusts to the talent.

Plus, the ACC is almost as crappy as the Big Ten if you remove Ohio State from the Big Ten. Tech doesn't have to be awesome this year to end up with a winning record. Tech will be in a bowl game. That's pretty much money in the bank.

How good they'll be is yet to be seen. Losers scheduled a cupcake to start the season this year and they're steamrolling them. Where's the Auburn, Miami, and Notre Dame opening games of the past several seasons?

Julie said...

I hope you got to listen. It was a very entertaining game.