Monday, January 05, 2009

100 Drinks to Have Before You Die

My buddy Hank sent me the link to a blog with this meme. Since I wasn't tagged for this one, I'm not tagging anyone either. If you'd like it for your blog, feel free to go for it, but you don't have to.

Instructions:

Copy this list into your blog, with instructions.
  • Bold all the drinks you’ve imbibed.
  • Cross out any items that you won’t touch
  • Post a comment here and link to your results.

OR

If you don’t have a blog, just count the ones you’ve tried and post the number in the comments section.

  1. Manhattan Cocktail
  2. Kopi Luwak (Weasle Coffee)
  3. French / Swiss Absinthe
  4. Rootbeer (not a fan)
  5. Gin Martini (gin sucks)
  6. Sauternes
  7. Whole Milk
  8. Tequila (100% Agave) (bad memories)
  9. XO Cognac (beautiful)
  10. Espresso
  11. Spring Water (directly from the spring)
  12. Gin & Tonic
  13. Mead (Medovina in Colorado rocks)
  14. Westvleteren 12 (Yellow Cap) Trappist Ale (Rochefort 10 is an equivalent beer and the better option)
  15. Chateau d’Yquem
  16. Budweiser (Horrible crap)
  17. Maraschino Liqueur
  18. Mojito
  19. Orgeat
  20. Grand Marnier
  21. Mai Tai (original)
  22. Ice Wine (Canadian)
  23. Red Bull
  24. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
  25. Bubble Tea (I always thought bubble was a bastardization of "boba")
  26. Tokaji
  27. Chicory
  28. Islay Scotch
  29. Pusser’s Navy Rum
  30. Fernet Branca
  31. Fresh Pressed Apple Cider
  32. Bourbon
  33. Australian Shiraz
  34. Buckley’s Cough Syrup
  35. Orange Bitters
  36. Margarita (classic recipe)
  37. Molasses & Milk
  38. Chimay Blue
  39. Wine of Pines (Tepache)
  40. Green Tea
  41. Daiginjo Sake
  42. Chai Tea
  43. Vodka (chilled, straight)
  44. Coca-Cola (I've lived my entire life in Georgia. What do you think?)
  45. Zombie (Beachcomber recipe)
  46. Barley Wine (92 different ones to be exact)
  47. Brewed Choclate (Xocolatl)
  48. Pisco Sour
  49. Lemonade
  50. Speyside Single Malt
  51. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
  52. Champagne (Vintage)
  53. Rosé (French)
  54. Bellini
  55. Caipirinha
  56. White Zinfandel (Blush)
  57. Coconut Water
  58. Cerveza (What does this mean? Does any beer from Mexico or a Spanish-speaking country count)
  59. Cafe au Lait
  60. Ice Tea
  61. Pedro Ximenez Sherry
  62. Vintage Port
  63. Hot Chocolate
  64. German Riesling
  65. Pina Colada
  66. El Dorado 15 Year Rum
  67. Chartreuse
  68. Greek Wine (I married a Greek. Duh.)
  69. Negroni
  70. Jägermeister
  71. Chicha
  72. Guiness
  73. Rhum Agricole
  74. Palm Wine
  75. Soju
  76. Ceylon Tea (High Grown)
  77. Belgian Lambic (every style except faro)
  78. Mongolian Airag
  79. Doogh, Lassi or Ayran
  80. Sugarcane Juice
  81. Ramos Gin Fizz
  82. Singapore Sling
  83. Mint Julep
  84. Old Fashioned
  85. Perique
  86. Jenever (Holland Gin)
  87. Chocolate Milkshake
  88. Traditional Italian Barolo
  89. Pulque (think watery snot)
  90. Natural Sparkling Water
  91. Cuban Rum
  92. Asti Spumante
  93. Irish Whiskey
  94. Château Margaux
  95. Two Buck Chuck
  96. Screech
  97. Akvavit
  98. Rye Whisky
  99. German Weissbier
  100. Daiquiri (classic)
I think that adds up to 49. I think I notice a couple of trends. If it's beer, I've had it and I'm not much of a mixed drink guy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Westvleteren 12 is sure a hard beer to get, but what the hell budweiser doing up there?

German Weissbier and Guinness is good to have! Cheers!

Mickey said...

You've never had a margarita?

I haven't covered enough of this list to bother.

Jacob said...

kennhyn: It's even harder to get it than when I had it. Used to, you could order it from a mail order store in Belgium. It was ridiculously expensive shipping at reasonable levels for personal consumption, so I organized a massive order with some fellow beer gets and got the shipping down to a reasonable amount per bottle. We actually paid less than half per bottle of what it was selling in a few US stores at the time. Then the monks realized that some people were buying large amounts of the beer at the monastery (the only official outlet) and then distributing it for resale and they made some purchasing rules to limit that. You can't find the stuff anywhere anymore unless you go to the monastery. I'm not doing that any time soon.

Mickey: I may have had a sip of one once, but I honestly can't remember ever drinking more than that.

Julie said...

Drinking really isn't on my bucket list so I will agree with Mickey's laziness. I haven't had enough to bother and don't want any of the beers which would totally limit my efforts anyway.

You, on the other hand, are remarkably close to the half way point. What are your goals?

Anonymous said...

Yea, I know that, the only way now is to go belgium and drink it. By the way what is your favourite beer?

Jacob said...

Right now it's a three-way tie with De Dolle Stille Nacht Reserva 2000, Rochefort Trappistes 10, and Three Floyds Dreadnaught Imperial IPA.

My favorite everyday beers are Dales Pale Ale and Sweetwater IPA.

If you're interested in getting a better look at how my tastes run, I've got all of my ratings stored here