Saturday, May 30, 2009

It Will Be My Fault

If Russian tanks come rolling down Pennsylvania Ave. in the next couple of months, it will be my fault. I played my second singles tournament this weekend and my first match was against a Russian. I even won the first set and was up early in both the second and third sets (3-0 to start the third) but managed to blow them both to lose. I'm apparently just not in as good of shape as the average middle aged man. Either that or my sample is a little skewed.

So, if you in up in a gulag in Alaska because you giggled at Vladamir Putin's surname, you can blame it on me. I deserve it.

Update: As of 12:10 p.m. on Saturday, May 30, 2009, K won her first ever game in a tennis match by breaking her opponent's serve in the second game of her first match. She reached this milestone 21 games sooner than her husband. Rock on chica!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am certainly not in as good of shape as the average middle aged man. I'm lazy. But congrats to K. She's obviously better than you.

Courtney said...

I always knew you'd start the second Cold War. I just had a feeling.

Yay K! She's special. Special K. Perhaps that's what I'll call her.

Julie said...

Except that Special K is a street name for Ketamine. Are you trying to call her a drug?