Sunday, November 01, 2009

National Blog Posting Month Is Back


I didn't really think I'd bother with NaBloPoMo this year, but I've been getting annoyed with how hard it has been to get myself to show up and write a decent blog post lately. Writing frequently is good for me and for my writing and unless I have an audience (or can fool myself into thinking that I have an audience) that's hard for me to do. I wasn't able to do the National Novel Writing Month with Chris, so I decided to go back to my roots when I saw that friend and even bigger blog slacker Courtney was doing NaBloPoMo. The first time I did NaBloPoMo was in 2007 and I pretty much wrote a post every day between then and Dec. 31 last year because of it. I don't expect that sort of production to follow this year, but I would like to get back to something better than a post or two a week like it's been lately.

6 comments:

That guy said...

I say go for it. You posted every day for a year, a month should be nothing to you.

Sid said...

Do you have to post something each day? Or can you post 2 things on one day because you missed the previous day??? Internet connections are a bit of a bitch in SA>

Jacob said...

Sid, that's a part of the rules. As long as you write everyday, the rules permit that you backdate the post when you get a chance to post it. It's how I managed road trips and backpacking trips during my Blog 365 thing. I'd write in my journal and then post it to the blog, change the date on the post to a previous day and post. It's not even cheating as long as you write it on the day you claim to have posted it.

courtney said...

Even bigger blog slacker! I am offended, sir.

Julie said...

Peer pressure wins again! Hopefully, November will be a slow month at work. It seems that I'll have a lot of reading to do.

A Free Man said...

Good luck with it. Maybe I should have tried that, I need a boost.