Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fitness Website Week: Daily Mile

I'm going to be honest. I'm reviewing Daily Mile, but this isn't a complimentary review. The only reason I'm using the site is part of a running challenge started on Reddit's running forum. I have to enter my runs in order to be ranked on their most miles run over the 2012 challenge. That being said, the site really isn't bad. It does exactly what Runkeeper does, but seems to be aimed more at the less obsessive/dedicated/serious runner. Also, like Runkeeper, it doesn't actually limit itself to running. It covers all the major fitness activities and if you use Garmin, Nike+, or a handful of other services to track your activities, Daily Mile will import the data from those, although I can't speak to their presentation as I don't use any of those services. If you're a beginner looking to do the Couch to 5k program or just don't care about getting faster, Daily Mile may be your thing. One thing it does excel at is that it seems to be much better at the social aspect of what these sites do than Runkeeper is. There are active communities, plenty of challenges, and more social interaction than I've seen on Runkeeper.

It's just not my thing. When the 365 day mileage challenge is over, I'm done with Daily Mile.

1 comment:

Julie said...

At least your necessary evil isn't quite evil.