Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It Sounds So Soothing

I'm working on a post about my jealousy of those with drug and alcohol problems (don't worry, it'll all make much more sense when I finish the post), and I'm working on a last.fm playlist for you to listen to while reading the blog post. The only problem is that ignoring the cheesey, adolescent treatments of the subject, I can only think of Cold War Kids' "We Used to Vacation" with its great line "I made a promise to my wife and children that I'd never touch another drink as long as I live. Even then, it sounds so soothing to mix a gin and slip into oblivion" and Barenaked Ladies' "Alcohol." Actually, there's also Johnny Cash's "Cocaine Blues" and either his version or Trent Reznor's "Hurt". Still, if you can think of any really cool drug or alcohol abuse songs, let me know in the comments. Please, no cheese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,
I was randomly tagged through NaBloPoMo for this game - 7 weird or random facts about me - and according to the rules I have to use the Randomizer to tag 7 other people and you were one of the "lucky" ones to be randomized!! If you are interested in playing this post on my blog explains more fully.

It was nice to visit your blog in any case. But I was too scared to make any suggestions re the songs - incase they might be considered 'cheese'!

cheers,
Gina

Mickey said...

Heroin, by the Velvet Underground. Absolutely classic.

Julie said...

My favorite drug song is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

Eric Clapton also has a song Cocaine.