Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's Finally Painful

Until this week, posting has been easy. I've thought of good (at least to me) ideas and found plenty of time to write them. They've often been long and came out in one long stream of typing. This week hasn't been like that, with the exception of yesterday. Thinking of ideas has been a struggle, and getting them to come out in anything resembling something I'd want to read hasn't been simple either.

Yet, here I am, still plugging away. I thought about writing about car pooling with K today, but there's not really a whole lot to say. Our schools are maybe 200 yards from each other and we have to be at the work at the same time. Driving separately, except on rare occasions, is completely idiotic. Today I had to wait ten minutes for her to come back to pick me up from my CPR class, but that's really not a big deal. It does feel weird having to wait for a ride as an adult not waiting for a cab or mass transit in a larger city, but it was hardly a real hassle. It's good that I feel this way, though. K's old green station wagon is more or less dead (the engine has a bad cylinder), and the old pickup truck we use to take off the garbage is sans air conditioning and has an iffy transmission. We're hoping it just needs transmission fluid, but it's not really ours either. It's just on long-term loan from my parents.

I probably could have plumbed the CPR class for material today, but it really takes me longer to process my experiences than just a couple of hours. By the time I wrote about toilet talker yesterday, I'd been mulling over the day's topic for nearly eight hours. Besides, nothing really happened at the class. I walked over to the field house from the high school, shoved my plastic face into the CPR dummy and alternated a two-kiss makeout with a 30-stroke crushing of it's chest. It was really a love-hate kind of relationship.

Hopefully, I'll think of something really good for the last two days of the month and go out in style. Maybe I should have saved the story about the poop talker for a separate post.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I suppose you could have composed an ode to your CPR dummy. Sounds like there are lots of latent emotions there.

Also, there's only one day left in the month now - Friday, Nov. 30 - so this is your big shot. Give us all you've got.

Courtney said...

Yes, I concur. Wow us, Jacob.

Mickey said...

Dammit, Chris! We could've gotten another post out of Jacob tomorrow! What are you thinking?! But yes, it's true. Today is it. I weep.