Wednesday, November 07, 2007


Venezuela, She Loves Me

Now, I'm not going to be one to accuse Dick Cheney of being stupid. Being creepy, scary, and possibly a man who's hidden a few murders in his day, but never stupid. Still, I get a bit of joy at his recent gaff confusing Peru and Venezuela while giving a speech to a group dedicated to educating the public about international affairs. Now, I'm the last one who should be mocking Mr. Sneeryface; I once yelled "Palestinia" while hurling rocks at the moon, but you do have to admit that Palestinia sounds MUCH cooler than Palestine. I may have been incorrect, but at least I made it sound better. The PLO should really consider changing the name of the country they want to create.

Besides, does confusing the two South American countries really make Cheney any dumber than the average American. Well, for starters, they fact that he knows that there are in fact two countries named Peru and Venezuela gives him a step up on the competition. He was also thinking in the right continent, so another point for Dickey-boy. Finally, he was even in the right half of the continent. Now, if he'd said Paraguay or Argentina I would have probably reamed him good, but he didn't. So another point. In other words, Dick Cheney is three points smarter than the average American. Not IQ points. Just points.

6 comments:

Mickey said...

That is one prolific day (three for one)- great start on catching up. And somehow, you managed fewer typos than your normal posts. It's almost as if you read them through one time before publishing. Almost.
But seriously, three topics I can honestly say I had not thought about today, so well done.

Courtney said...

What a dick. I think Cheney's parents had a premonition about the kind of guy he would become.

Jacob said...

Hey, I didn't promise that my blog would be error free unlike a certain diminutive, blonde woman we both know, so I'm protected from criticism about typos and such. I don't read anything (or listen to anything I say) I write, so it's really hard for me to catch typos. I made it through college (including a 4.0 semester) without ever proofreading a paper, so I'm comfortable with my occassional typo and brain fart. Plus, you've been cluttering up my blog with typos in the comments your own bad self.

In fact, since you people actually read what I write and listen to what I say, I kind of wonder about your intelligence. You may listen and read and say it's a crock o' poopy, but at least I've got the sense not to pay any attention to me to start with. So nyah.

Mickey said...

You've got a point.

Jacob said...

Dang skippy. I'm Señor Punto!

And I did actually proofread that to make sure I didn't write "Señor Puto," but that's really short.

Julie said...

Palestinia!