Monday, December 24, 2007

Just in the Nick of Time

I bought K a new digital camera. Our old one was getting a little old, and while it was nice to have a 10x optical zoom on a point and shoot, it made it a little less than optimal for carrying around when you were travelling light. In addition to that, K's cousins' kids dropped it or something while we were in another room and broke part of the cover to the batteries so sometimes you have to hold it closed to turn it on. I'd also noticed that it seemed like the quality of photos it was taking was diminishing. Perhaps that's a power issue with the less than tight fitting battery cover, and perhaps it's just an increase in my standards.

Anyway, I knew that K really wanted a new camera even if she hadn't asked for one. I went on Amazon and picked her up a Canon Powershot A560. It's nothing special, but it's compact, the lens retracts completely and takes pretty good pictures. Now she'll be more able to lug a camera around for her E-based photography. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that Amazon wouldn't ship it out the next day. K ordered her gift for me the same day and the UPS pulled up Friday evening to deliver it. Mine wasn't delivered until about 4 p.m. today, Christmas Eve. I'd kind of wanted to give it to her today so she could use it to take Christmas pictures. We did our gifts with the Knuchels today and we're doing the stuff with my family tomorrow.

K missed most of the the Christmas Eve photos, but when it pulled up, I ran back to the back of the house and wrapped it up in color advertising pages from the local shopper newspaper and topped it off with a nice, frilly newspaper bow. K and I exchanged our gifts and she was happy about it. In case you were wondering, and I'm sure you were, K got me a Garmin nĂ¼vi 350 . I've been wanting a GPS for road trips for a long time now, so I was pretty excited as well. Enough rampant materialism, though. Get back to your own Christmases.

1 comment:

Julie said...

There can never be enough rampant materialism. Never, Jacob.