Thursday, December 27, 2007

Plans for the Final Week of the Year

I decided against my tour of Floridian breweries and brewpubs in order to save for a trip to Alaska this coming summer. Considering that I hate Florida and love Alaska, I think it's a fair trade, even if it does mean that I don't get to take a major road trip for another six months. Instead of driving, I'll be sitting here for the next week posting on my blog. I promise to try not to get too cliche and generic. If I start to become the literary equivalent of Sam's Choice Cola, let me know.

I was very upset when Mickey posted his year-end awards list. Not only did he post it obscenely early (I mean, their were at least a chance for a dozen or so posts between his "awards" and the actual end of the year. What if I'd produced some amazingly groundbreaking revelation or a post so funny that Mickey burst a colon from the abdominal contractions caused by his uncontrollable laughter?), but he also stole my idea. He may not have realized he stole my idea, but he did. I've been planning this since about a week before his post. I may still do my own twist on the Best of Blogs list or I may do a Best of Blog Posts lists. Hell, I may even do both. I don't go back to work until Jan. 3. I have a bit of free time on my hands.

The rest of this week (and the ensuing weekend and a Monday) that finishes out the this year will be more of the general aimless rambling that makes up the bulk of this blog. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Do an awards post! I want an award.

Jacob said...

This isn't a democracy, missy.

Mickey said...

I'm sorry I upset you...NOT!
Now we're all anxious to know what awards you would bestow upon us.

Julie said...

Might I encourage you not to forget the people who regularly post comments to your blog? Having a blog should not be a condition for receiving a year end reward.