Thursday, December 27, 2007

A More Ambitious Project

I succeeded in completing with NaBloPoMo, so when I thought about Blog365, I couldn't resist. I've got a serious feeling that I won't be as successful with this task as I was with the last, but I've managed to put back-to-back months together where I've posted as many posts as there are days in said month, as long as I don't screw up these last few days.

The rules are fairly flexible, so even if I don't fulfill my personal goal of an actual live post every day except Feb. 29, I can still fulfill the purposes of the project. Back posting is allowed, especially if you fulfill the spirit of the project by writing the post offline on computer, typewriter or paper each day with plans to back post later. Anyone up for a return to everyday posting with me? I won't even mock you when you peter out around Feb. 6. Much.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That's a big commitment. I'm not altogether sure I have enough to say to fill up an entire year.

Actually, you'll have to do 366 posts, since 2008 is a leap year.

Mickey said...

Hmm. I'm not one to back down from a challenge, but that's a pretty big commitment, and we all know how that goes for me. On the other hand, I really did enjoy NaBlo, but that was as much because there were a bunch of us doing it.

I'll ponder it.

Julie said...

Well, Jacob, you're obviously a superior blogger. I think you should have posted your suggestion in a more challenging way... throw in a few insults. While you did put it out there, you did not incite to action.

Jacob said...

Courtney, if you clicked the link, you'd know that Feb. 29th is the official day of rest. I'm not sure I'll take it just because I'm worried that if I do take a day off I'd forget to start back. 365 is perfectly doable, but everyone knows that 366 is a pipe dream.

And you're all a bunch of pansies if you don't at least try. Who cares if you don't make it and then feel like a failure for the rest of your life. At least you'll have tried and that means something.