Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa is a Fat, Society Corrupting Idiot

I spent two hours driving after work today to pick up E's Christmas present. K wanted to get E a swing set, and since the kid loves these things and it's a toy to keep him outside, I agreed. The only problem is that apparently most stores don't keep them in stock until the spring. We waited too long to do mail order (and I feel like an ass having them deliver it in a semi-truck to my house), so it was up to me to drive to the nearest urban area to a big sporting goods store and pick up E's new play center.

I'm sure this is only the first of many Christmastime actions that will help to spoil my son and teach him that love is shown through the exchange of material possessions instead of less consumerist methods. I'm sure by the time he's 16, he'll be so inoculated with Christmas spirit that he'll feel unloved should we not buy him a car. By the time he sets off on his own, he'll be unable to stay financially solvent after college because he expects to get whatever he wants, and Santa will have taught him to want everything.

I blame this all on baby Jesus. If he'd never been born, we'd never have the busiest shopping season of the year.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've got a princess unicorn doll to sell you.