Sunday, December 30, 2007

And I Begin the Award Season


I figure who better to honor than myself to start off the Jacob's Land of Bliss and Blisters Award Season. This post will feature what I consider to be my five best posts of the year. I'll get around to all you other punks and losers later. Going through this I've noticed a trend. First, I really have been posting more regularly, and second, apparently the longer I take this blogging thing seriously, the longer the average post gets.

5. My Favorite Dictators. I don't think this one turned out as funny as I intended it to be, but I think it kind of encapsulates my personality (especially when combined with number 3.)


4. Sleep and toilet phones. Not the most obviously complementing topics are encompassed in this post, but if you really think about it, it's a perfect combination.


3. My ode to my desire to be a career loser. Honestly, I really do feel this way even though I know I'd be miserable doing that too. I like some of my more poetic modifiers in this one.

2. My Christmas Adventure. I'm not experiencing any muscle spasms, or tightness in my jaw, so I'm assuming I didn't end up with tetanus from my pipe-fixing adventure under the house Christmas morning, so I'm unable to finish this story with a dramatic ending, but what are you gonna do?

1. One of Those Moments. Honestly, this one seems to be a bit out of my place on this blog. There's no whining about what I'd rather be doing with my life, or absurdist or sarcastic humor. Still, I like this one.

An honorable mention goes to Of Boredom and Dragonflies. I don't know why I like this one, but I do.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's true. You do deserve an award for longest post. I have to admit that this is why it sometimes takes me longer to get around to reading your posts.

Also, you should give yourself an award for being the person most likely to send your child to rehab and your friends into giggle fits in one fell swoop.